Best Practices for Forums Users
These best practices were originally posted to Forum Feedback for review by the forums user community:
- Respect your fellow community members. If you praise or criticize an idea, include examples as to why you think something is good or bad. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.
- Refrain from posting the same message to many topics or forums. Do your best to post new topics to the appropriate forum or subforum.
- Responses to a particular thread should be on-topic and pertain to the discussion. Start a new thread for a new topic.
- Forum posts should be reserved for matters of interest to the whole community. For private discussions, use the option to send a private message.
- Do not use the option to send an email to other forum participants unless they request a direct email or you have a relationship.
- Commercial content as a direct or indirect (either intentional or unintentional) attempt to solicit customers through a forum post is not allowed.
- If you have an issue with a specific post/topic, use the 'Report abuse' link in the lower right hand corner of the post. Note: You must be signed into the forums to see the link.